10/24/2012

On the way..

Got myself some books. I find it's the cheapest  reasonable way to buy used books from amazon.com. Meaning they have to be shipped to me from US. 

The Rules of Play. I've got just the glimpse of this book so far but it looks worth it. With all the hard covers and nearly 700 pages of rules of play... 

You know I wasn't thinking about Ian Bogost his theories and his gang of followers as something worth my attention. Somehow the first time I've looked into stuff he has been doing it all looked pointless to me. But after a while I've decided to pick up this book and give it a chance. And you know what? It works! It's full of interesting material and that's why I want to have it.  

And there's something for the good times. Usually I'm enjoying this kind of literature over my lunch brake or while I'm in an airport. And Revan is my favourite Star Wars universe character after all. 

As always the worst part is to wait for them.. But after few weeks or month or so you actually forget about them and when they finally reach you it feels like a small surprise. Like your cousin from US bought you some presents or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment