11/28/2011

Inspiration and where it comes from.

While thinking about Hunt the Wumpus redesining one way or another I was inspired by couple of things.

Firs of all it was recently seen movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.
I liked the idea that those small and creepy creatures which populated the house where actually Tooth fairies. It made me think about different faces of folk lore so beloved fairies. Although I didn't made fairies scary of creepy in my version of the Wumpus but they're still a bit different more satirical than normal.

Second block of inspiration came from good ol' game called Neighbours From Hell. I've done a bit of a rip off but hey.. They like to call that thing an inspiration! And the method of odd perspective seems to work for my idea pretty well.

I've wanted the game to have a bit similar colour mood and feel as seen on beautiful game called Stacking.

And the last thing that continuously hounted my memories is old Russian point and click game about detective and his sidekick. Brother Pilots it's called.

I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment