11/15/2012

A book. And a story.

You look inside your pocket. You find a card. You have no idea how it got there. Why is it even there? You read the card, it says the following:

"Your objective: give this card to somebody without them knowing. If your target catches you giving this card to them, you must take back this card."

By Mark Serrels


There's some amazing stuff in that article. Reading through it strongly reminded me of my own doing about two years ago. 
So I've bought this book. It was telling a cute story about two friends who decided to go to the park and eat sweets. One of them was a rabbit and the other one.. I don't really remember but maybe an otter?.. Anyway. The book has illustration on each page which are black and white. I liked the story very much because it talks about simple stuff but has a deep meaning behind. It talks about friendship and things beyond routine. 
So I wrote a message of my own there. Something saying that when you enjoyed that book enough you have to give it to someone else. Someone who doesn't know the person who gave the book to you in the first place. 

My intention was to send this friendly message into the world where love and caring for other person is not common enough. 
Shortly after the book left me I've heard a story that some pages of it are already coloured. That made me very happy because I've inspired someone to create, share and communicate. 
I've left my name in the book and asked to do the same everybody else. And who knows maybe one day that very same book will end up in my hands once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment