12/11/2011

Script writing.

02/12/11 
6:00pm
Café Bar Marzano

I've spent some time reading 'Writing and Illustrating the Graphic Novel' by Daniel Cooney. And after some ' I knew that' and 'well that's obvious'  I've finally learned something new. In particular that was about script writing. Probably the part I need to concentrate most when we'll start next term. 
In general comics and graphic novels publishing it's popular to use terms like Marvel style and Full Scripts
Since I'll be responsible for fully visualising my bit of chosen story I believe that Marvel style script should work for me just fine. 
The other reason is that I'm not so much of a writer. I'm not sure how these people are doing them work but I'm suffering from loads of images filling my head and making everything in a complete mess. For example I find it really hard to start think about a medieval character and his story without visualising his look. At some point I'm loosing concentration and it all ends up thinking that it's easier to work after a drink or two... 


I've also made couple of points I need to take in advance when starting to laying out comic panels. Which are even more crucial when someone makes a short illustrated story :

* Define action place and time in the first couple of panels.
* One action per panel.
* Clear face expressions and hand movement.
* Body language.
* Three act structure: Beginning, Middle, End.


No comments:

Post a Comment